cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Billing Address to match O2 for Volt Benefits

Toulio
Joining in

I'm trying to apply VM/O2 volt benefits to my account. After speaking with O2 they claim the addresses don't match and that I'll need to update them. Our street name has "St." in it and my O2 account only lets me change this via a postcode check which excludes the '.' and apparently this is enough to throw off the link between the two accounts and block my volt benefits.

I can't seem to find any way to update my billing address on my VM account to exclude the '.' to apply my volt benefits. Is this even possible?

30 REPLIES 30

Hi Djjazzyjc

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the missing benefit form has been submitted and this will be resolved within 7 days.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

dmcbrear
Joining in

Hi all,  I have the same issue with the address details on Virgin being slightly different to that on 02 and despite a few attempts cant get either firm to help. 

Hi dmcbrear,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to get your Volt benefits due to the 02 and Virgin Media account numbers not matching, can you expand a little on what isn't matching?

Regards

Paul.

Yes. The addresses are slightly different. Virgin has Basement flat, then our number and street. While the other 02 has the number Basement flat. Finally 02 has E Sussex for the county included while Virgin does not. 

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for explaining dmcbrear.

If you contact O2 they can change the address to match the format we have it as.

Its quite a tricky process for us to change to match O2 with ours being a fixed service if that makes sense.

Gareth_L

I had the exact same problem. For some unknown reason, an 'A' was added to the house number of my address. This error caused problems with adding Volt on my O2 account.

I was able to call Virgin Media and the person on the phone was able to remove the added 'A'. This fixed the Volt problem but it triggered a new contract which means the start of my contract started the date the address was corrected. I was surprised to receive a new contract in the mail. I would have argued against this if I was told about it when my address was corrected.

• Also, the services on my Virgin Media box seems to be messed up since the address correction. It has been very difficult to get any resolution with technical support. The foreign help desk is not very helpful.  I can't access Catch up or On demand and even search has been deactivated. 

Even though it was easy to make the correction through Virgin, it would probably be much less problematic if you could fix it through O2.

Good luck 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stephjunco

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about your issue(s).

Can you advise what error message you're getting when trying to access Catch Up or on Demand? Is the issue still persistent upon a full reboot of the box?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

@Travis_M ,  thank you for your offer of help but I think your colleague @Paul_DN  is looking into the problem.

We haven't got to the point of actually looking into the problem but after several messages back and forth on just confirming account information,  I hope we can finally work on resolving the problem.

Thanks 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @stephjunco

Thanks for your reply!

My bad! Great to hear my colleague is already handling the issue, he'll look to have this resolved for you via the Private Message 🙂

Have a great day

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Nabilbr
Tuning in

Hi,

I have the same issue and did not found any way in Virgin to update my address.

O2 is asking to have the update done in Virgin side. 
any help would be appreciated 

Thanks

Nabil