Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cessation of TV and Internet service without my consent

On Wednesday last my TV and Internet service ceased With only BBC, ITV and Channel 4 available albeit with the advisory bar across the screen indicating there was a “problem”.

With only BBC, ITV and Channel 4 available albeit with the advisory bar across the screen indicating there was a “problem”.

I spoke to virgin representative To enquire and stated that I was continuing to pay the virgin bill. She stated that had been a problem relating to somebody who had applied to buy my house and had ordered a virgin package before doing so.

to enquire and stated that I was continuing to pay the virgin bill. She stated that had been a problem relating to somebody who had applied to buy my house and had ordered a virgin package before doing so.

Frustrated, I merely requested that service should be reinstated and was advised this will be done in 72 hours.

Come Saturday morning no service was renewed and iPhone once again to speak to customer services who advised there was a “technical problem”. Dissatisfied I asked to speak to a manager. He advised that because the would-be purchaser of my house had made an order and, failing to buy my house, cancelled that order that therefore my service has ceased.

I complained to the manager that ceasing my service without any contact with me and certainly without going through any kind of security seem to me to be highly improper. I had been without TV and Internet service which was highly inconvenient.

I complained to the manager that ceasing my service without any contact with me and certainly without going through any kind of security seem to me to be highly improper. I had been without TV and Internet service which was highly inconvenient.

Albeit with apologies I was told nothing could be done but that the manager would overrule a requirement to “Purge” the system (presumably of my would-be buyers service request) and “immediately” reinstate my service. However, this would take 24 hours. He further advised me that I would need to reinstate my order with virgin and in order to avoid future consequences I may need to make a manual payment to restart the financial contract with virgin. I understand this is all in connection with virgin is “gone away” policy.

I have made no contact with virgin in relation to ceasing service and a stranger appears to have influenced my account and presumably did not go through security. So, I have lost service for at least four days and have to insure myself that the financial subscription is properly renewed. No one is offering me anything except the explanation that this is all part of the “go away” policy.

So, I’ve lost service for at least four days and have to insure myself that the financial subscription is properly renewed. No one is offering me anything except the explanation that this is all part of the “go away“ policy.

How can this happen? Why is no compensation offered?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cessation of TV and Internet service without my consent

Hi Lesjeffs, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm very sorry to hear that you were recently left without service due to somebody placing a new order for your property. 

I can fully appreciate any frustration that this has caused you but in these cases we do have a process to follow in which we would use all of your available contact methods to ensure you're still using the services at the property. If we don't hear back depending on the time that the new order is due to be set up then your services would cease. 

This doesn't always go to plan and in some cases like this you still wanted to continue the services. This will be fedback as we're always looking at ways to improve our processes. 

In regards to loss of service, as the account was ceased for those days no charges would have been applied so you won't have been charged for the time without the services. 

Are all of the services back up and running for you now? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cessation of service without my consent

Hi Emma

Thank you very much forgetting back to me. You note that Virgin ‘would use all of your available contact methods to ensure you're still using the services at the property’.

i’m afraid this is just a point. No one has contacted me from virgin to enquire if I wish to cease or wish to continue with service. 

It appears that a person proposing to buy my house made an order some time ago, did not complete the purchase of my house and never became resident, then cancelled her Virgin order at my address.

I did not know anything about this.

On that basis virgin have ceased service to this address. I reiterate that no one has contacted me to enquire. Virgin appear to have relied upon an order at my address and a cancellation at my address by a person I have never met.

We have been without Internet and TV Service since 930 am Wednesday 5 February.

As advised by the fullscreen banner I contacted your advisors on the given number on Wednesday the 5th at 9.31am to be advised service will be resumed within 72 hours.

Service has still not been resumed On Sunday the ninth February at 12:05 pm. I spoke to manager Mark at Customer Services yesterday 8 Feb at around 11 am and asked him to override the “gone away” protocol. He stated that he had done this and that service should be resumed within 24 hours. There is still no service.

Anticipating problem with the bill I have been advised I should make a manual payment in order to restart the service. Is this correct?

For the purposes of pragmatism I’d be happy to do this but do not know who to speak to or how much to pay.

So, here I am with a service contract, previously paying the bill, having my service ceased by a stranger who will not have gone through security but has managed to open and close an account at my address when I am the only account holder.

Surely there is some breach in your protocols? In any case, this is decidedly unreasonable and unhelpful.

Can someone please sort this out?

Thank you, Emma.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cessation of service without my consent

Thanks for clarifying those points Lesjeffs.

Please let us take a look from here to see what we're able to do to help further.

I will send a PM shortly to confirm a few details and hope to hear back from you soon.

Tom 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

hi Tom

Account Number  [REMOVED]

Address to which the service is registered:

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lesjeffs,

If you could reply to Tom's PM with the details, that'd be great 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos