Menu
Anna011
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cashing cheque

Hi, i received cheque from you, its under my mainden name i can not cash it. Can I have an email address i can contact to get it changed. Thanks anna 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cashing cheque

Hi there @Anna011

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that the cheque has been sent out in your maiden name; they are usually posted out in the name of the account holder as it is listed with us. 

Have you chatted with your bank directly? I have been able to still cash cheques in my maiden name without issue.

If they have declined this, we can arrange to cancel the cheque and reissue in your correct name once we have seen some form of evidence of your new name. Please do pop back if you still need assistance after chatting with  your bank. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Anna011
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, thank you for your reply. My bank has already confirmed that they will not accept this cheque. I have sent it back to payments team along with copy of my marriage certificate. Hopefully it won't be long before it will be re-issued. Thank you:) 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for letting us know. 

If you do have problems with this still - just let us know. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos