Menu
oijf8wajf0eaw
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cant see upgrades and offers

I am an old Cable and Wireless / Telewest / NTL customer. Ever since Virgin bought them out I havent been able see certain parts of the Virgin website -- it crashes out. Its not the browser, its not my PC, I have had this happen for nearly a decade!

I imagine I am on an old database and need migrated to where you have the brunt of your customers.

See here 

I dont want to ring Customer services - its 2020.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant see upgrades and offers

I get that too and assumed it was because I am in contract so any changes do need to be negotiated on the phone.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
FlashPan
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here.  Been like that for me for as long as I can remember.

0 Kudos
jfs1969
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've had this same problem for a couple of years and have reported it by phone at least twice.  It's pretty lame that VM can't fix it. 

Maybe it is deliberate to force people to call the help centre because VM think that if they have you on the phone you are more likely to get you to upgrade.

But there must be at least as many people who don't bother looking at upgrades at all because they are not available online.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
luk34dd0
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm a fairly new customer and have the same issue - I see the "Oops! Something went wrong. Sorry, we’re unable to change your package online." message and have done since being with VM (beginning of January 2021).

Edit: I've just got off the phone after speaking to someone about different upgrade prices.  I decided not to upgrade anything but at the end of the call they said, in future, you can log into your account to make any changes and see upgrades.

I told them that I've never been able to and others that have been with VM for years can't either.

He said he'd report this issue.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and requires extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around teatime

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
luk34dd0
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm currently trying the text number to regrade but it appears to be in a loop and not working - awesome!
0 Kudos
jfs1969
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

But even if what you say is true @newapollo, which I'm not convinced because that button didn't work when I was on standard package, it's still a bug that should be fixed.  I.e. message should be "You cannot upgrade on-line because ..." not "Oops, something went wrong ...".

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the post and sorry to hear of the trouble.

We don't handle package changes of cancellations over the forum but you can do so with the team on 150/0345 454 1111 or if you text the team on 0753 305 1809 and answer all the automatic questions your query will be popped over to the team for assistance.

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos