Menu
rawdec69
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cant login to my account

Hi

I have been with virgin for many years and have had no problems till now, my wife who was the account holder passed away before Christmas so I rang virgin to change the name on the account. That would be too easy, they had to cancel the account and create a new one in my name. The DD was already coming out of my bank but this also had to be cancelled and started again.

Well everything was set up, everything works ie tele, phone and broadband but I can no longer check my account online, I was told to create a new account but it just wont work, I have been on the phone now for over 3 hours, told that IT will look into it several times by several people. I even e-mail virgin MD and I am still in limbo. What makes it worse is I keep getting e-mails sent to me on my wifes e-mail address which is very upsetting.

I spoke with one really nice chap who attempted to log on as me on his computer and he got the same errors as me so they know whats wrong. How much longer will this go on for.

All I want to do is be able to look at my account online. I even created a new virgin email and that wont work either. This what i keep getting, can anyone help please

rawdec69_0-1613419832170.png

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant login to my account

Hi rawdec69,

I am sorry to hear about your loss please accept our condolences,  I will be more than happy to help you with your query Today. 

When a account is closed and a new one open the account number changed by one Digit IE if the old account number was 0000000001 the new one would be 0000000002 so you would need to set up a new online account with the new details, I am sorry if this wasn't advised.

I have had a look and it doesn't look like a online account has been set up, if you require help doing this please let us know and we will be more than happy to help you further?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
rawdec69
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply, the problem I am having is setting up the new online account, I get past the first screen where it asks for account details and area code but then the problems start at the user name and password screen, I have tried my original e-mail which they told me it would work but comes up with a user name error so i tried setting it up with a new virgin media e-mail, it then moves on to the next screen where there are a couple of sliders for online security but when i move to the next page it says we are sorry we cant set up your account at the moment please try again later. After a few minutes i get an email to say thank you for changing your security settings ( the 2 security sliders ) 

This is what happens every time i try

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello rawdec69

Apologies for the delays in getting back to you, we've been really busy as of late and it's taking longer than expected to respond to the queries we've received.

Have you had any success setting up the online account since your last post? If not, let us know and we can look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos
rawdec69
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Thanks for your reply, the problem I am having is setting up the new online account, I get past the first screen where it asks for account details and area code but then the problems start at the user name and password screen, I have tried my original e-mail which they told me it would work but comes up with a user name error so i tried setting it up with a new virgin media e-mail, it then moves on to the next screen where there are a couple of sliders for online security but when i move to the next page it says we are sorry we cant set up your account at the moment please try again later. After a few minutes i get an email to say thank you for changing your security settings ( the 2 security sliders ) 

This is what happens every time i try

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I can see this has been raised following a recent call to be looked into by our IT team, the ticket is still open and under investigation, there should hopefully be an update on this soon as it was raised at the end of January.

Thanks

Rob

0 Kudos