Menu
Katiex
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cant Contact Virgin for help! 4 YEARS issue.

I closed my virgin account four years ago, but ive checked my credit score  today and they are saying the account is active and I owe payments every month, FOR THE LAST FOUR YEARS, badly affecting my credit score. 

I have the confirmation email off virgin media that I have left them in 2017. 

I have tried to re-register an account but my account number no-longer exists on their system, so I cant log-in to contact someone for help!? 

Can anyone point me in the right direction please? How can I contact them to help sort out my account? Why wasn't it closed four years ago like they said? 

How can I forward a complaint as this has negatively affected my credit score for YEARS. 

Thanks in advance. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cant Contact Virgin for help! 4 YEARS issue.

Just by means of advice on terminology... It may seem like nit-picking but if you're going to deal with VM & credit agencies regarding your file, it would be worth making sure of the differences between your "credit score" (which is something internal to any company with whom you have a credit relationship) and your "credit file" (which is what you've been looking at, and on which lenders base your credit score)

By means of advice for resolving your issues...

You need to contact VM's credit team with all the relevant details, the entries that you believe are incorrect and reasons why. They should respond within 28days. You can do so, at....

Consumer Underwriting, Virgin Media, Eagle Court 3, Coventry Road, Sheldon, Birmingham, B26 3RZ. Or by email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

And separate to the credit file amendment, don't forget to complain formally to VM in writing, by recorded post asking for compensation for this error (search, read and follow the Virgin Media Consumer Complaints Code of Practice).  I wouldn't hold out great hopes that the complaint will be well handled, but if they haven't settled with you on terms you're fully happy with, within eight weeks of the complaint, then at that time you can escalate to the industry arbitration scheme CISAS where a trained adjudicator will review the matter and decide what is a fair outcome for you.

https://www.cedr.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CISAS-Rules-October-2019-edition.pdf

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Katiex

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Very sorry to hear you're experiencing this and can appreciate this is not ideal at all. 

Did you receive any emails or letters at all regarding these payments, even in spam and trash? 

It is best to email our team at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk 

They can take a further look into this for you and get this removed. 

If not, we can certainly take a look at the account for you. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos