cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot seem to change to paperless billing

PM23
Joining in

Have contacted Virgin several times through phone and chat and have been assured that our request for paperless billing has been received and updated on our account..However, each month, we receive another bill. And get charged for it. The link on the website/account portal to change this on the account does not work. I don’t want to receive bills in the post. Please help! 

7 REPLIES 7

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey PM23, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

We can't actually change this it does need to be done here 

Please can you let me know what issue it giving you?

1. Log into your My Virgin Media account. 2. In the "Bills & Payments" menu select "Change my billing options". 3. Choose the option to "Switch to e- billing" Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thank you for your response. We did change that in our account a long time ago - our comms preferences are set to ebills, email, text. But we still keep getting bills through the post and being charged for this. It must be possible, somewhere, for Virgin to update this on our account and ensure comms preferences are adhered to? Particularly in light of GDPR. Please can you DM me to resolve? I’d be very grateful for your support. Thanks, Priscilla 

Hi PM23,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you have been unable to register for paperless billing, so I can help i will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the white envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

I have exactly this problem - I have informed Virgin that I do not want paper bills (which started coming after 10 years of not having them without my consent) I still got them and was charged.  I complained, the cost was refunded, and I still got them, and was charged, I complained and was told I had to change it online.  I have spent ages trying to do so, I tried the chatbot, but there was no response, I have tried the link in your response, but there is no option for paperless billing.  It is infuriating.  Please help!

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Mike4,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue, I would like to go about looking into getting this removed for you, so that I can do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a private message.

Joe

After 3 hours I finally got a response from the Chat Bot - they said 'change email preferences' which i pointed out did not work.  They have promised that they would make the change their end, so fingers crossed.

Can I strongly suggest feedback to your software team to put in place a usable link to allow for paperless billing.

thanks

Thanks for coming back to us Mike4 and I'm glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved by the team and I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the team.

Kind Regards,

Steven_L