cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot reset password

Mitch1000
Joining in

So I had a problem with several of my alias email accounts in March this year. Of course, this was after it was decided to remove the ability to have alias accounts, so I wasn't able to resurrect them.

However, I now can't access my main email account or my virgin account. I was advised that I would need to change my password. I have now used 5 different browsers, I have deleted password management, browsing history and all cookies, I have tried to create a password on my phone and my tablet - nothing works! I have used the most ridiculously long random alphanumberic passwords, just to make it a strong password and all I get is 'You can't use that password. Please choose another.' How can I ever access my account and email, if I can't create a new password?

I have phoned customer service twice, and they have 'apparently' reset my password, only the website doesn't recognise the password when I use it.

I am receving emails into an account I cannot access, and am concerned that you'll delete my remaining email account if I can't access in 90 days (the excuse for removing my other accounts). Does anyone know how to create a password or fix this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mitch1000, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am vey sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your password reset, we will be able to help. 

I will just need to look in to this further from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to take a few details. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

My wife originally posted the problem with our password, but the account is in my name.

Apparently the issue can only be fixed if I answer the security questions, so could someone message me and hopefully we can solve the problem.

Thanks, Ian

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message to confirm some details. 

Cheers, 

Ryan