Menu
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot register for an account

What am I doing?
I'm trying to register for an account here using my details (last name, account number and area reference).

What happened?
I hit Register and the form reloaded with all the details still present and zero feedback.

What did I expect to happen?
Either the registration process to continue or at the very least receive an error.

Some details:

• I've been a member for 2 weeks.
  • That's 2 weeks since the installation and I've been using my fibre broadband and TV since.
  • I've been contacting support, but there are several issues here:
    • Firstly, they keep trying to send me to myvirginmedia.com, which does not work. This wastes about 20 minutes to an hour every time I call. I've taken to just lying and heading to my.virginmedia.com
    • They either go quiet and hang up on me because they can't figure it out or promise that the Tech Support with contact me in 72 hours. They never do.
    • When I ask about a status on the escalated tech support ticket, there isn't one, so I assume I'm just getting fobbed off.
  • I've tried the following browsers:
    • Chrome (Win 10 - Latest version)
    • Firefox (Win 10 - Latest version)
    • Edge (Win 10)
    • Chrome (OSX - Latest version)
    • Firefox (OSX - Latest version)
    • Safari (iOS 13)
    • The Virgin Media app.

This is utter shambles, I've never had such an infuriating time with a support department. I even logged a complaint only for them to suggest they close it immediately because they sent me to the same form again. I told them not to close it until I actually can register.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot register for an account

Afternoon @yamiscott

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post to our Forums, I am sorry to understand that you've been having some issues registering for your MyVirginMedia account - this should be pretty simple fix so I was saddened to understand that you're not getting the help or answers when you call us. 

I have located your details and can see that the IT ticket that was raised for the issue has been closed as resolved today at around 2.30pm - the ticket information advises that the system has been updated and has requested that you attempt to register again for us please. 

If you can try again for me now and let me know how you get on that would be great - if you're still having issues, let me know and I'll pop you a Private Message so I can assist you further. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

Some preamble:

• I've reset my cookies
  • Hards refreshed the page
  • Tried to register again

Still no feedback, the form just refreshes with the details still there.

Still cannot register. Can they take another look please?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Cheers for the update @yamiscott - thanks for checking again, I am sorry that it's still not working. 

I'll pop you a Private Message now so I can take some information and pass security with you. Just look for the purple envelope in the top right of the Community page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sure thing, thanks Katie.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just browsing
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

I think I can see what the issues were, my name was spelt incorrectly and my email address. I've corrected them now I can get into the account.

Thank you for getting me in there!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad we managed to get things sorted out for you @yamiscott - cheers for confirming all now working your end too. 

Please don't hesitate to get back in touch on our Forums if we can assist you with anything else. 

Cheers 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi - I'm having the same problem. Seems a lot of people have going back for a long time. Why hasn't Virgin sorted this for everyone?!

I've tried all suggested fixes - cleared cookies/web browsing data, tried multiple devices and browsers - but nothing has worked. Each time I pass the robot test, hit submit and the screen just bounced back to the same one. 

Come on, Virgin, sort this out. Not a great first impression for a new customer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I am having the same difficulties, been with virgin for my phone for years and wanted to register an online account so I can get broadband installed but it will not work I get the same error on all devices and browsers:

Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account or Web Safe settings at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account and make your Web Safe settings at the time of installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband.

Please can someone help me!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I've been having a similar issue, where I cannot register using my area ref. and account number. I have received no communication via email or post. Please help.

0 Kudos