cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register for My Virgin Media Account

elliot13
Joining in

Whenever I try to register for My Virgin Media I get the error ‘Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.’ I am a recent transfer customer due to the old account holder having a terminal illness, and have not been able to pay my bills because of this and have been getting emails to pay it, however can’t because I cannot register. I have contacted your team multiple times over the past few weeks and they keep saying they will have fixed it within 5 days and never have. We have already hade our wifi shut off once and this is beyond a joke- I want to pay the overdue bills but can’t because of your registration process. This needs to be sorted.

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello elliot13

We're sorry to hear of the issues setting up an online account since taking over the account, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

Passwords do have some requirements and need to meet certain criteria:

• Minimum of eight characters.
  • At least one digit.
  • One upper case letter.
  • One lower case letter.
  • One of the following special characters “ @ # $ % ”

You mentioned the account was transferred to your name, do you know if the details used are the same as the one used previously if an online account was set up?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Any password I choose fits the criteria but it still produces the same error. It is a separate account from the old one, but we can’t register for myvirginmedia on it because of this. Need help urgently.

I will send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to assist. Check the envelope in the top right of the forum when signed in for the message.

Rob