cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot register a virgin media account

Jan_Silva
Joining in

Hello,

I just installed my router and I am wanting to register for a virgin media account, however every time I try to register I get stuck on the “couldnt register your password - please try again” loop on the password section endlessly.

To clarify, I have been following the password guidelines and I have been using different browsers and the app. And to preface, its been more than 3 days since my order for the service. No luck, a bit annoyed to say the least! It really shouldnt be this difficult, from my reading there is clearly some poor management on the IT side of things.

Could I please have this sorted? I am stumped in terms of finding a solution.

4 REPLIES 4

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi jan_Silva 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues when registering your My Virgin Media. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further for you. Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture then "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Hi Reece,

I have the exact same problem as the original poster. I got my broadband a few weeks ago but have just tried registering for My Virgin Media. My password is never accepted whatever I choose. It says "Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one." I have tried all sorts, satisfying all the rules, and tried via website and through the app. Please can you assist?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @rjh64 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your account.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi @rjh64

Thank you for getting back to us via private message and apologies for the issues and inconvenience caused. I'm glad that we've now been able to address your concerns.

Please do let us know if there's anything more that we can help you with.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!