Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot login to myvirginmedia

Hello,

I want to cancel my subscription, but can't because I can't login and the phone lines are too busy (covid - been trying for days). I've now moved, and am no longer using the media service.

I used to be able to login via the Chrome app, but have since been using the Virgin Media App and now, after some time, am locked out.

I have tried my Mother's Maiden name and my own D.O.B, but get a message saying these details aren't recognized. No other option for changing password so I'm really at a loss. 

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot login to myvirginmedia

Hi David93,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're leaving us, and that you have had difficulty trying to get through to our cancellations team.

Unfortunately you would need to speak to the team directly to give your 30 notice period as we are unable to deal with this request through our community forum. Please can you call our team on 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 again.

Alternatively you can write to us here under the section "write to us" 

With regards to accessing your Virgin media account have you tried to access this via our website at www.virginmedia.com On the right hand side you will see a section that says sign in Media account. Click on this option and you will see the forgotten password section.

Click on here to change your password.

Kind regards Jodi

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There is a charge on my VM account that I have no idea about, used the, View this bill, link which asked me to login. Used my email address and my password, incorrect, tried several times and just in case I am suffering with dementia I tried several variations, Incorrect. I then used the forgot password link which just goes around and around in circles till you fall over dizzy.

Please tell me what is going on? By the way I waited on your chat service for over an hour this morning before a gave up and called the customer service number and waited another 20 or so minutes before I had to go as I had a visitor at the door.

To sum up, email received with monthly bill charging me more than usual for my broadband. Could not login as password rejected. Could not re-set password as in a continual loop, Why am I being charged more, why can I not login to my account and why, (apart from the now overused COVID excuse), can I not get in touch with Virgin?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi horne65,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear there's some confusion with your bill and you've been unable to log in to your online account.

I'll send you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner) so I can help you with this.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos