Menu
JT11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot inform VM of moving house

Hi,

We are moving house in the next few days and am trying to inform VM. I go through the message bot but after many hours, I'm still waiting to chat with an agent:

Below is the last message I see in the message popup:

Ah, please ignore the "AGENT IS TYPING", this is a system error. It actually looks like our wait times are longer than expected. We'll get you connected as soon as an agent is free.

Am not sure if there is an alternative way of informing VM?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot inform VM of moving house

Hi JT11,

150 from a Virgin landline (free call) Option 4  - Changes to your package or moving home

0345 4541111 from any other phone (landline rates) Option 4  - Changes to your package or moving home

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@JT11 wrote:

We are moving house in the next few days and am trying to inform VM. I go through the message bot but after many hours, I'm still waiting to chat with an agent:

You've already been given VM's contact numbers, there's also an online form which might help at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/moving-home although I've never used that so it might end up with the same online chat you've already tried.

But on the point I've put in bold... is your new home in a VM cabled area? If yes, you'll presumably want to have services transferred and I think you may struggle to do that with a "few days" notice. If not, you'll be looking at a disconnection and will need to pay 30days notice - regardless of whether you're in a minimum term or not)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi JT11, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

The best way to arrange the move will be to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 and follow the options for moving home. This will get you through to the team who can check if services are available at your new address. If they are then the team will organise the move although if you are moving within the next few days, there may be a slight delay. 

If the area you're moving to is non serviceable then the team can talk you through the cancellation procedure too. 

Let us know how the call goes and if you need further help, you know where to find us. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide