Menu
mattyc1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Cannot create my virgin media account

Hi

Returning customer but cannot create a my virgin media account with new account number and old email address. Ive tried with a different email address too but that won’t work either, I’ve tried speaking to your tech support but have been fobbed off / cut off a number of times. Getting very frustrated at the lack of customer service.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot create my virgin media account

Hi there @mattyc1980

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you're having some issues with your new MyVirginMedia account. 

It sounds like you may be trying to sign up with a username that was used with us previously and may still be linked to the old/previous account.  This should be easy enough to sort out with an IT ticket to remove the email from your old account enabling you to sign up for your new account.

I have located your account from your forum information so will pop you a quick Private Message so we can go through security and help you out. Please do look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can 🙂 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much for your Private Messages today @mattyc1980

I was sorry that I have been unable to fix the issues today; I have however raised a new IT ticket so this can be checked again. This has been logged under reference number P010515671. We usually get a reply back within a few days if not sooner. 

Once I have an update, I shall keep you posted. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @mattyc1980

Thanks for your private message - as yet I do not have an update on the most recent IT ticket I raised for you (P010515671) - the end date is listed as 21.04.21, If I do not have a reply by this date, I can then escalate for you. 

I can only apologise about any delay in getting things resolved with your online account. 

I assure you that when I have an update, I will keep you posted.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
mattyc1980
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Still no reply !! Can you please escalate. Its a month now without this service that I'm paying for !!

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hello @mattyc1980.

Thank you for contacting us about this, I am sorry about the delay.

I have checked the progress of this current IT ticket, it is still within the SLA time, if there is not any update after today then we can escalate this for you, but we can not do this today as today is the last day of the SLA time.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mattyc1980
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

still no reply !!! why am i wasting my time and money with you ? if its not sorted today i am cancelling my direct debit and you can come and collect your boxes 

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mattyc1980, 

Thanks for your reply, 

I have checked and there is an update IT have advised you to try again, if you are still having issues let us know so we can escalate 

I would advise against cancelling your direct debit as this may affect your credit score

Zoie

0 Kudos
mattyc1980
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

its working. 1 month and god knows how much of my time wasted for a 2 minute job. shambles !!

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry about this, the ticket was raised by our forum team on Tuesday. It has taken 48 hours to resolve

Zoie

0 Kudos