cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change secondary email account password

jsmith_wickford
Joining in

I cannot see any option to change the password on the secondary email on my account.

The account is listed but I only have an option to delete it.

How do you change the password on the secondary account.

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jsmith_wickford 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

So every VM email account now requires a third party to be the header of the email if you like.

Have you created this or used a third party email for this VM email at all? 

If so, you'd then login using those credentials, then go to 'account settings' and change the password from there.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry I don't understand.

I have my email address which is the main one for the account, all is working fine and updated passwords on the master account and my email.

It is my wife's email which is working fine but i want to update the password, my wife's vm email address does not allow her to login via the self service portal.

I login via the master email and can see her vm address as being in the account. It is her password that needs to change but she has no login access.

Thanks

Jonathan 

Hi jsmith_wickford

Apologies for any confusion our previous response may have caused. 

Please sign into the account using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If you do have any issues doing so, please let us know and we can help further. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I tried logging in with email and it doesn't work I get a message denoting no permission to log in

Hi jsmith_wickford

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please send us a screenshot of the error message you are seeing?

Please ensure any personal information is not visible.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide