cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change contact telephone number in account details

Mike_67
On our wavelength

The contact number in my account details is incorrect but when I change it on the website it just says it can’t make the change and doesn’t offer any other option.

Any idea how this can be done?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for joining me on PM @Mike_67 and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

Do pop back to the Forums if you ever need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mike_67 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here regarding your contact details failing to update.

Obscuring any personal info (such as your phone number for example), do you have a screenshot of what's not permitting you to do this?

Are you able to try the App if you're on the browser and vice-versa if it's the other way around please?

Please let us know if you still need any further help.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Mike_67
On our wavelength

IMG_1369.jpeg

Hi,

See above for the error message I get when I try to change the number on the website.

Morning @Mike_67 

Thanks for coming back to the thread.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks for joining me on PM @Mike_67 and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

Do pop back to the Forums if you ever need further help.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Raduku
Joining in

Good morning.

I was wondering if I could get some help as well please. I accidentally filled in my work number on my Virgin Media account. It was actually an auto fill, and I didn’t notice. 
And I cannot change it to my personal number now. Is there any chance I could get some help as well please?

Thank you! 

Hi @Raduku thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Indeed, thanks for choosing to shop with us.  I would love to help you update your contact number. As you've been unable to do so in your online account, I am going to send you a private message. Please keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Raduku thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R