Menu
neil491
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot cancel my contract

I have been having the same issues as outlined here. I called last week several times and every time someone passed me from retentions to cancellations, they asked for some security details, put me on hold and then hung up.

Since I am not recieving the service I am paying for I will be cancelling my direct debit unless someone from virgin contacts me and advises me otherwise. 

This is absolutely shameful service - the service is no longer required and yet Virgin puts every obstacle in the way to stop the consumer from ceasing money from flowing into their coffers. I would suggest everyone follows the same approach outlined here - cancel your direct debits. Virgin clearly do not have the staff to deal with cancellations let alone chase for unpaid bills. 

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot cancel my contract

" I would suggest everyone follows the same approach outlined here - cancel your direct debits. "

And you'll make a lot of debt collection agencies very happy.

It's your credit file it will destory.

But DON'T tell others to screw up there lifes. You can do what you like

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
crany
Up to speed
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It says in the terms you can end your contract in writing and were to send it if you cant phone in

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello neil494

Sorry to hear this 

As a rule we are unable to look at package changes or costs on here or disconnections

This will need to be done by calling us or 0345 454 1111.

You can also send us a text with a description of your problem to 07533 051809
 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. 
Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos