Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cannot access my online virgin account

Hi, 

I've been your customer for few years now (broadband only) but for the last few months I cannot access my online virgin account. 

I tried registering from scratch and it always fails:

1.png

I tried "forgetting" my password and it fails as well:

2.png

I am using account number and area reference as received from you in a bill every month...

Please Advise,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot access my online virgin account

This happened to me too, VM reset my password today & now working again 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello there @Lich1234

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I am sorry that you've had some issues with your online account. From locating your account from your forum information we're not able to see that the account in question has ever had an online account registered. 

When you register, please ensure that you're using 9 digits for your account number and that the spelling is the same as what is listed on your bills (This is worth checking encase there is a spelling error that you may not have previously notices - the spelling must match what we have listed on the account exactly)

You may use any UK email address to register. 

Keep us posted. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Oh trust me I had an account - my browser still remembers the password that I was using 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 12.24.34.png

This whole problem started after I moved flats some time ago and had moved my Virgin service with me. 

I am definitely using correct account number and personal details - happy to have a quick screen sharing session with you so that you can confirm that.

Email that I am using here on the forum is the one I was using to login to my virgin account.

Let me know how to proceed.

EDIT:

I even found email confirming that I registered, hope it settles it 🙂

Screen Shot 2020-11-15 at 12.45.15.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

See my post in the same section.

I think virgin have a much bigger issue than they seem to think..

I have on!y in the last week started to see incorrect information in my virgin media page..

Old account is showing, it was absolutely fine a week ago. 

My new and in use email is listed, but the account number and package is wrong..

I was told this is being looked at by IT and it could be 10 days.

I was also told I don't have an account or services at my postcode..I've been here for a year using virgin service..I have email and the contract. 

It's a mess.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lich1234,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into, I am sorry you're still having this issue with your online account. The information you gave about moving home was very useful as this may actually be the cause of the problem!

When customers move addresses, they are moved onto a new account number. But sometimes their online account details are not transferred from their old account to their new one, thus the webpage throws up these error messages. 

We can help transfer your details onto your new account here on the forums, this is called an M&T or Move and Transfer. Sometimes it could need an IT ticket creating if we encounter a problem, but in most cases its an easy fix after 24 hours!

I will send you a PM now so we can have a look at this in more detail. 

Speak soon!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lich1234,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I am really glad we managed to get this sorted for you eventually!

Now that you've got your online account up and running you can do all sorts like check your bills and even reschedule existing engineer appointments 🙂 so have fun exploring!

If you need any other help from us in the future, just create a new post and me and my team will be happy to help.

Thanks so much,

Megan_L

0 Kudos