Menu
ADouglas19
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Register for Account / Account not Recognised

Hiya - have spent quite a long period on this on the phone with Virgin. They allegedly set up an IT ticket but has been weeks without response. It has become very problematic.

I have had service connected for over two weeks. I cannot access or create my virgin media account. When I select "forgot password" and type in my email, it states that the account cannot be found. When I go to create an account, it prepopulates with the email it said it doesn't recognise. It then throws an error when I try to complete the account creation process.

This is very problematic as I must be able to view my bill and report service faults in a timely manner. Thanks much.

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Register for Account / Account not Recognised

Hi ADouglas19,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your online account looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you.

It's important to make sure you are only following the account registration and not account login when you are a new customer - some people get this confused and so they think  an error has occurred. 

Can you explain what errors you see when you go through the account registration for me please? 

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
ADouglas19
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

708A2DF6-5D64-43B6-B54D-4CAE18B35523.jpeg

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADouglas19,

Thanks for sending me that screenshot, I am sorry this error is popping up for you 😞

Can I ask if you've had our services before at another address please? 

It may be due to your email being attached to a previous account that you had with us, this can be rectified via a move & transfer normally. 

But please let me know if this might be the case for you!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
ADouglas19
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spoiler
Yes, that is accurate. I had an account at another address, moved out of service area, and have moved back. Please let me know what can be done to rectify this.
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ADouglas19,

Thanks for coming back to me with confirmation that my hunch was correct 🙂

I'll be more than happy to help get this sorted for you, I'll send you a PM now so we can chat about account specifics. 

Speak soon!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos