Menu
Robjohnallen
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Cancel virgin media

I called to cancel my contract after waiting 30 minutes and speaking to someone, he tried to persuade me to stay and when I would not he cut me off.

I expect there are retention targets which is pretty unacceptable.

The reason I am leaving is the customer service so  it a surprise that this is now happening.

How do I cancel, anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cannot Cancel virgin media

By post.

Use recorded post, don't expect any confirmation, and be clear on the date you want services to cease (allowing that your 30 days notice becomes active when VM get the letter, not when you post it).  Leave the direct debit in place until the dust has fully settled, and when you get the equipment return package, make sure you get a send receipt.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Craigsie
Settling in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Appreciate the detail from Andruser, I've followed just that - it's more laborious than (one would normally expect) a simple phone conversation but I've been irritated enough with silent/disconnected calls after long waits to follow through and do it this way with hard copies of everything.

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Robjohnallen

Sorry to hear of the problems you're experiencing contacting the team, we're really busy at the moment given the current situation but the teams are working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible. We appreciate your patience during these difficult times. We appreciate you taking the time to post this on our forums and welcome to the community!

You can give the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the cancellations team who will be able to look into this further for you.

As stated above the lines are really busy. You can also write to us at the address in our terms and conditions https://virg.in/legals requesting to give your 30 days notice.

Rob

0 Kudos