Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cannot Cancel Broadband

I've been trying to cancel this god awful service since early June. I have phoned five times in an attempt to get through to someone without getting hung up on. Around a month ago I finally (thought) I'd succeeded in cancelling my broadband and even got the 'leaving us' email telling me to return my kit.

Today I got another bill for broadband, so I went to check my account. And oh, lo and behold, it STILL HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED. Utterly disgusting. Each attempt to call has been the same. 

- Get through to someone.
- Sorry, wrong department.
- Get through to someone else.
- Sorry, wrong department!
- Get through to someone else; "Oh, you need to look online for alternative means to contact us!"
- There are no other means to contact you!

This is my last attempted to find some help before just cancelling the direct debit. I've paid £105 in the span of the last 3 months for a service I've not been using. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot Cancel Broadband

Gosh, that sounds like a nightmare.

Have to filed a complaint yet?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peppermint96,

"Around a month ago I finally (thought) I'd succeeded in cancelling my broadband and even got the 'leaving us' email telling me to return my kit."

If you received that email then it sounds like the cancellation process was actioned and you will be receiving your final bill following the 30 days notice.

When you cancel and give VM the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Not true, I'm afraid. My complaint got back today to say that no disconnection request ever went through, which is really interesting given I have the email saying that it did. 

It's even more interesting that they claim they never heard me from me in July, despite - again - I have emails from that time to confirm they did.

Really would like to know how any of this is remotely acceptable?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm afraid it's just the usual VM crap.  Fortunately you've already raised a complaint, basically the hoops/process you might have to jump through is:

1. Raise a complaint (already done) VM have 28 days to resolve a formal complaint.
  2. If not resolved to your satisfaction within 28 days, request the complaint be escalated to be reviewed by a manager.
  3. If still not resolved, escalate further to a "Senior Manager".
  4. If after 8 weeks from when you initially registered your complaint, VM still hasn't sorted it out or before this point VM state (in writing) that the issue should be resolved through arbitration, you're then ENTITLED to refer the case free of charge to the "Alternative Dispute Resolution" service.  Their decision is binding for both parties i.e. VM can't ignore a judgement against them by the ADR service.

Dig your heels in (if needed) and if VM is out of order, they'll eventually be forced to put things right.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peppermint96, thanks for contacting us, we are unable to cancel accounts over the forums and would recommend that you contact the text messaging team as they will be able to cancel the service for you.

Can you contact our text messaging team on 07533 051 809 and they will be able to look in to the account for you. We have no account access here. The responses are not immediate and will respond as soon as they can. ^Chris

0 Kudos