cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling

Geoff-1964a
Tuning in

I signed up to virgin but within hours they had swapped the install appointment. So I decided to cancel within my 14 day period, I spent 2 hours on the phone and eventually got somewhere and as I threatened to cancel the lady on the phone promised me the original install date will now go ahead, I waited 2 days and got no confirmation. I decided to just get rid of this altogether as I don’t want to be associated with such an unreliable company that lies to its customer. I spent the next 2 days trying to get through 5 hours one day and 3 the next so I  decided to write a letter which has been photographed and sent recorded/signed for. This was over 2 weeks ago and still not heard and on the app it still says it’s going ahead. Can someone from Virgin actually have the decency to reply

6 REPLIES 6

Cardiffman282
Super solver

It's why Ofcom are scrutinising VM's chosen approach to cancellations. You can add your experience to this https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Geoff-1964a 

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

Sorry you've not had the best experience with us and it is a shame to hear you are considering leaving us. 

I can't see any notes on our system regarding receiving your letter of cancellation. 

If you give our pre install cancellations team a call on 0800 052 1734 they will assist you further. 

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I have evidence of this letter with a photograph of the signature so as far as I am concerned I have cancelled the contract, so no I am not wasting anymore time phoning your dead end phone numbers, if you attempt to take any payment or turn up to try and install legal action will commence. It’s your mess you phone them up and cancel as I did not arrange it

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi, Geoff-1964a.
Thank you for your reply and for sharing more on this matter, although we're sorry to see your upset and how you feel. 😞

If you have proof of this postage (we do strongly advise to post your letters with tracked and signed so there is proof) we'd be happy to investigate this for you and make things right regarding your cancellation.

For this to happen, we'd need to have a report of the incident to our team as all customers are expected to report issues with our processes and bills or accounts and services.

Also, this involves your payments via Direct Debit as our bills and payments are automated and if we don't take action those will continue as normal.

Unfortunately, we only deal with active customers on this forum, as you're not an active customer yet and wish to discuss your install cancellation please get in touch with our Pre-Installs team on the above number, who can assist with your request.

You may as well refer to our complaints code of practice here for more on how to raise your concerns with us, as well as here for more on our compensation scheme where we advise on how we cover you in case your install has been delayed.

Let us know if the above is of help and how you wish to proceed, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

If I am not an active please delete me from your customer records, once again I’m not wasting another minute phoning your pathetic excuse of a phone line. If your installers step one foot on my property I will call the police. As far as I’m concerned I have cancelled this contract

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry to see how you feel about our advice and what's happened, Geoff-1964a.

To clarify things further, we can explain that active customers are the those that have been installed and have connected to our cable services.

A customer account though needs to be created on our systems so we can assign works prior, on and after the install, also your information has been received upon your application to sign up for VM services and is being handled as per our privacy policy here.

In addition to the above, we wish to advise that posting on our forum about cancelling an install appointment will not suffice so to cancel this visit, if that's been scheduled.

We're not usually able to deal with cancellations here, but we'll go into a PM to resolve your complaint in this instance as we appreciate the frustration this has caused to you.

Please, check the top right-hand side of our page to find a little white envelope.
Click on this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team