Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling within 14 day cooling off period

I am still within my 14 day cooling off period and have just called to cancel my contract. The guy on the phone kept saying that the installation is going ahead and didn't seem to understand what I was saying. Finally he said that he had cancelled everything.
I'm not convinced that he has actually done this and I wondered how I could get confirmation that this has happened.

My reason for cancelling is the hideous cable installation by VM, they damaged my property and left the cable exposed along the majority of my garden.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling within 14 day cooling off period

Hello Stu101

Really sorry to hear this has happened. Have you managed to raise a complaint about the installation?. 

If you would like me to confirm the account is cancelled, than can you check the purple envelope top right of your screen 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gareth
Many thanks for the reply. No I haven't been able to raise a complaint, I have tried doing it through the message service but only getting as far as the BOT and then no agent replies.
If you could check that the account has been cancelled it would be hugely appreciated.

Many thanks again

Stuart

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for replying Stu101

I will need to send you a private message top right of your screen 

This will be needed to pass security 

If you can also include in your reply 

What has been damaged and what you are looking for as a resolution that would be great 

I can then raise a complaint and assign it to the right team to run an investigation and get back ion touch with you 

Gareth_L

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Recently joined VM but changed my mind within the cooling off period but finding it difficult to cancel. Been on the phone twice for over an hour each time and just been transferred from one department to another. Can someone help and guide me on how to cancel my contract as I believe I am well in my consumer rights to cancel!

any advice appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaybal

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry you wish to cancel the account. This cannot be done via the forums. You'll need to either give us a call on 150 // 0345 454 1111 options 1 and 4. Alternatively, drop us a text on 07533051809 and we can assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I am no longer chasing you guys. I have now received a bill which is wrong and I will not pay. If you want to contact me then phone me directly as you have my mobile on file. The way you have handled my situation is shambolic but thankfully I only have 1 more week with your company. Such a shame after many years happy service that I am now leaving under these circumstances.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Christov660,

Have you spoken to the team regarding your account and bill? I also never received an answer to my last question on your own thread regarding missing channels - which are they please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As I said in my previous message if you wish to discuss the matter call me.  I have no time or energy to constantly send messages back and forth especially when I have previously given answers to staff on the phone.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

We're not going to be able to call you as we're an online team.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team