Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling service

Does any one know if Virgin have an email address to notify them to cancel my broadband service.  Their contact pages are full of advise that their call centres are extremely busy due to Covid19 and suggest that you don't ring unless it's urgent, but I can't see an email address anywhere to use as an alternative method of communication.

I need to give Virgin the required 30 day notice to cancel my contract (as I'm currently out of the country and can't get back in!!), and, because I'm overseas I don't want to ring them, especially if I might be on hold for a long while.

Cheers, and thanks for any help that is offered. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling service

Hello

With regards to account issues I am afraid they cannot be dealt with in the forum, they dont have an email address for support fir security reasons.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Or you can write too -

Virgin Media

Unit 4, Pennywell Industrial Estate

Pennywell

Sunderland

SR4 9EN

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm also trying to cancel my 'services'.

The text message service eventually redirected me to https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/thinking-of-leaving

The page is currently 404, 'not found'. Somewhat ironic.

If anyone has tips on how to successfully leave VM right now, I would be thankful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just got another reply, apologising for pointing me to the wrong page. New link is to https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-how-to-cancel

Which points to the phone number, which then redirects back to the website, where it is not possible to remove any services.

Do Virgin Media have a fax number I could use? Or perhaps I could send them a telegram?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ignored the suggestions to 'press 1' for a link and got to stay on hold. 20 minutes later friendly woman dealt with my request to cancel. Hopefully job done.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update guiddruid and glad to hear you've been able to discuss this with the team and get your request resolved.

Stay Safe

Rob

0 Kudos