Menu
KennyBoy37
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling part of package

Is it possible to cancel my home phone and internet part of my contract and only keep just my virgin mobile? I have 12 months remaining on my contact.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling part of package

You are be able to cancel all or part of your package, however since you still have 12 months remaining then you will need to pay early termination fees on the parts you cancel. The most you would need to pay in early termination fees is £240.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

You might be able to negotiate a lower pricing/package instead and should contact retentions (thinking of leaving us) by dialling 150 from your VM landline or mobile. Best to call around 8am when they are least busy to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If the mobile is part of an oomph bundle along with your phone and broadband then it may cause problems. You may lose any extra minutes or data on the sim, the sim may also need to be cancelled and set up as a standalone package.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @KennyBoy37

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you wish to leave us for your home services. 

I just wanted to pop by and advised that our user @newapollo has advised you correctly; if you are in contract and wish to leave then Early Disconnection Fee's will apply. As advised, the fee's are capped at £240. You can read more about that here

Again, if your mobile is linked to your cable account as part of our Oopmh packages, you can keep the number but you would need to take out a new package/tariff.

To discuss it any further you will need to call us on 150/03454541111.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos