Menu
KenMarinaris
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling my contract

Hi

Is there any way to cancel my contract?

I have spent 3 hours on VM line being tranfered from team to team and they did not manage to do anything! First time I spoke with a lazy guy who had no clue how to cancel my contact, 2nd time I have been disconected.

I dont want to stay VM any longer, do not want any discounts, whatever.

The next step is cancelling my direct debit and writing to ombudsman as this is a joke.

VMnogood
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling my contract

It's a miracle you even managed to speak to someone, even if they were unable/unwilling to help. I can't even get through -hanging on for an hour and getting cut off is the normal experience for me. I'm leaving too unless they sort out all my outstanding problems with VM very quickly. I think there are a lot of customers having the same problems.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@KenMarinaris wrote:

Hi

Is there any way to cancel my contract?

I have spent 3 hours on VM line being tranfered from team to team and they did not manage to do anything! First time I spoke with a lazy guy who had no clue how to cancel my contact, 2nd time I have been disconected.

I dont want to stay VM any longer, do not want any discounts, whatever.

The next step is cancelling my direct debit and writing to ombudsman as this is a joke.

cancelling the DD will not cancel your contract - it will however pass any debt to debt collectors and mark your credit report which you will not be happy about

you need to ring or write

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us/leaving" - early morning is the best time at the moment - as near 8 as possible 

Tony
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Read your contract, it clearly says you can write to them to cancel your contract. You don't need to phone them. 

Cancelling your direct debit whilst under contract will just land you in debt, and the ombudsman isn't interested in individual cases. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi I know it's frustrating but when you phone go down the thinking of leaving us route this should connect you to retentions who are UK based, alternatively you can write to the address on your contract providing the relevant details and send it recorded delivery, don't cancel your direct debit as this will not cancel your account, but will trigger dept collection agencies and affect your credit rating. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin media is like Marmite..you either love them or hate them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
KenMarinaris
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ

Is that the address I should write to?Or maybe this one?

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG

What info should I give customer service: contract number, monthly bill, my acc sort code, email address? Anything else?

Thanks for all answers

0 Kudos