Menu
Maxtor154
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling my Virgin then wife or son opens new account same address

I am the sole named account owner and pay the bill with Virgin.My 12 month contract ends in March which is currently 100mg broadband  a TiVo and a useless telephone no one rings.

My monthly bill for the above package is £38 and is due to go to £57. I pay this bill and like I said I am the only named person on this bill. I rarely use any of their services at home but my wife and son do but I am not prepared to pay the hike in price. If they want it, I said "GET IT YOURSELF"

I have spoke to Virgin to try and reduce my bill who offered me £3 off which is a joke, 

so

I am cancelling my account and giving my 30 day notice, period, £38 to £54 same service I am sorry but no. After the 30 days I personally will not be opening or subscribing to any of to any of Virgin services I would like that to be made clear. 

so 

If my wife or son who both live at the same address (both excellent credit scores) decide that one of them want to open an account and take advantage of the new package deals can they open thier account with Virgin as soon as my 30 day cut off point ends ?.

There is scaremongering rumors and I have been told a pile of steaming by Virgin reps on the phone saying that any new customer at our address will have to wait 90 days.

So if this is the case, if I move home and the last owners just cancelled thier Virgin and I move in the next day does this mean I have to wait 90 days ??.

So just to make it plain and simple so no one can twist my questions:-

II leave Virgin asap

serve my 30 days notice account closes

I am the only name on the bill and pay it

after my 30 days has ended and my account is closed

can my son or wife open an account with Virgin at the same address straight after my contact ends, the next day and how long will they have to wait for the equipment to arrive ?.

My name will "NOT" be on this account

can someone please reply asap as I am sick to death of been price hiked and penalised for been loyal.

And, before anyone ask , yes I have been through to retention who did their hardest to up my package when I clearly told them I am personally not using any of their services I use a Voxi sim free social media thats all I need and a free-view.

My son or wife can buy a 200mbps tivo phone as a new customer for £33.99 for 18 months 

I wait with baited breath for a honest reply and 1000's of others probaly do as well

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling my Virgin then wife or son opens new account same address

if they have the same last name VM can refuse a new customer deal to stop people playing the system line this.

and remember you agreed to the package price with the fist year discount so they are not putting the price up the time limited discount has ended.

the price for M100 and phone us £56 with a discount for the first 18 months.

You agreed that.

VM are likely to start refusing new contracts soon to stop this (i hope). currently they can say no to any customer for any reason.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Maxtor154
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My son is my step son he does not have my surname how does that work then ? and you say likely so their not ?. You say playing the system ??. pardon me but I do not want it anymore my wife and son do. You can read into how you want my friend I dontr want a service they do I pay so read it like that. I don't use it I am not paying they are prepared either one or both. I sense you dont like the thought of someone getting a better deal than on offer to current subscribers 🙂

And may I ask

Do you work for Virgin ? please answer

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

try it.
I don't like the idea of prices going up But the more VM lose on people playing the system the more it will.

apcyberax_0-1613492869054.png

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Maxtor154
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So you cannot confirm my son or wife will be refused as new customer/s you are basically surmising ?. You have made an assumption that I am playing the system I am sorry but you are categorically wrong, 

again,

I do not want Virgin they do 

I pay for a the phone line with no phone on the end due to Amazon scam ringing 10 - 20 times a day

I pay the bill they dont

I want to cancel they want to keep I dont so I suggest they open an account and take care of it

Thats the facts there's no playing the system as you seem to think I am doing no assumptions straight forward old fashion facts. I have been with Virgin for years and this is the final straw £57  and now I have internet on my phone on a deal and a Sat free view box I have no use were as they do, well especially my son, gaming.

I read it can be linked to your address which is total twaddle. My address does not pay the bill or is liable for my bill same as my car insurance isnt its the customer who signs the contract not the postcode.

I mean, imagine moving in to a new home and the previous owner had just cancelled their Virgin. You then move in and you try to join Virgin only to be told:-

Sorry , the last account to this address was on 500mbps full TV package and phone so we can do that deal but no new deals, sorry we've nothing for 90 days".

I am cancelling

my son or wife will be opening account once my services have been cut

I will update this thread for others

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ok

Maxtor154
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the guess work and assumptions

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

your welcome

Maxtor154
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So, 

I phoned to cancel were my package of a TiVo box lowest tv package, telephone with free weekend calls and 100mbps broadband was going up from £38 to £57 .

I was put through to retention's were they instantly lowered it to £43 but for me , considering the cost and what you get on a new deal I still was not happy so I cancelled. I would like to point out, no one uses the phone, and the TiVo is that slow that you can do your shopping, few cans, have a chinese takaway and it will still be booting up.

2 days later I was contacted by retention's again asking me what they could do for me. At the end I got

200mbps broadband 

V6 box and the £100 upgrade fee wavered which I found comical considering the box is 10 years old. I pointed out to him, that technology has moved on. Imagine using a mobile from 10 years ago ?. 

and the same telephone even though its unplugged to stop Amazon automated scam asking me for my Amazon account details.

All this for £32 a month.

One thing to be careful with, they guy never mentioned anything about a £35 setup fee for the V6 I only found this out when the email arrived outlining my new deal. I got straight on the phone and said cancel again. In the end the fee was removed so I am pleased with my deal. 

So back to the point, if your deal is ending 

CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT

retention's will phone you 100% 

Dont listen to any scare mongering tactics people tell you  about "You'll get cut or removed" they basically have an hidden ulterior motive especially if they have 1000's of post on a Virgin media forum ?? 

gotta ask yourself , why ?

Follow my instructions you will save a bomb

apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

ask yourself all you like. You will think what you want anyway

0 Kudos