Menu
Amysmum
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling contract

Can anyone help please? I spoke to someone on the phone yesterday about cancelling my account as I am moving & unfortunately where I’m moving to doesn’t have Virgin, they were very helpful& said account would be closed but I haven’t received an email about this, is it the norm to receive an email or will the account be automatically closed on my moving day?

many thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling contract

Hi Amysmum,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I have had a look our end and it looks like you have spoken to the correct team , if you haven't got this resolved please let us know and we will be happy to look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Amysmum
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou for the reply, haven’t had an email yet but hopefully in a few days

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amysmum,

You wouldn't usually receive an email confirming your pending disconnection, this is not standard process. You would, however, receive a final bill once the disconnection has been completed and any outstanding charges or credits have been calculated.

As my colleague has advised, you have spoken with the correct team to arrange a disconnection. I'm confident that this will go ahead as discussed. If you have any further queries or concerns, please do let us know.

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Amysmum
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou very much for the reply!

Happy New Year

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No problem at all 🙂

Happy New Year! I hope you have a good 2021!

Rachael

0 Kudos
studio17
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I've been trying to cancel a contract for the last year!

I had my PAYG account changed without my consent to one that is £7/month being taken automatically each month by direct debit!

I don't even use the phone anymore!

I have regularly sent complaints & even wrote a letter, but I have not had a reply & now contemplating taking them to court.

HOW do I get them to stop & refund the money they have been stealing from me each month?

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi studio17,

Thanks for posting and very sorry to hear you've not been able to get the account cancelled.

I've popped you over a private message so I can get a few more details from you to help.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos