cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract without exit fees - Outside UK

SDinesh
Joining in

I have recently Moved to Edinburgh and created contract with Virgin Media which is 24 Months (Ends on November- 2025), But unfortunate circumstances I have to close my account and move to my home town outside UK.

My cooling period [14 days] just completed 2 days back, I reached to VirginMedia Help Team and I was told that I have to pay the Early Disconnection Fee which is unlikely. I am writing at this community portal to see if there is any option to waive this fee.

Really appreciate if Virgin Media waive the charges as I have not even utilized the much of my Contract.

2 REPLIES 2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey SDinesh, thank you for reaching out and a warm welcome to the community I am so sorry to hear this.

I can see you spoke to the team since this post did they help you at all? 

However if you have gone over the 14 day cooling off period as per our T&C's there would be a charge for cancellations 

Just to confirm sorry the 14 days have now passed? Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Check the T&Cs section M1

https://prod.ctassets.virginmedia.com/uploads/Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_and_Phone_FROM_01_MAY_20...

and make sure you are counting the start point of your 14 day cooling off period correctly (generally the point from when your service was activated and you could make use of the service)