Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling contract / unresolved poor fitting

I have no issue with the speed of Virgin connection BUT and it is a big BUT the quality of fitting by your contractor is sub standard and potential for court action for damage to property. I first complained about the installation quality for a number of reasons:

1. Exposed cable on pavement with no cover 

2. Insufficiently buried cable through garden area

3. Inadequate plastic cover on entrance wall, warped through sun exposure 

These concerns were sent to Virgin shortly after installation. The contractor attended, changing the plastic cover still inadequately protecting cavity and surrounding brickwork.

I am out of contract now and charges are over £54 for 100MB Broadband, Tivo and Phone. I don't need the landline, TV or TIVO and can get 66MB fibre broadband for £27. The drop in speed is not a problem and is more than adequate.

Please could you consider my issues?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling contract / unresolved poor fitting

Hi wd22,

Thanks for your post today, I am sorry to hear about the issues experienced with the installation.

Could you kindly tell me when the installation took place? 

Did you contact us further following the second visit by the contractor to express your dissatisfaction with the work?

With regards to the package, if you would like to consider a broadband only package with us, the team will be happy to review this with you and let you know the best prices and deals available for you currently.

You can give them a call on 150 from a Virgin land line or 0345 454 1111 from any other line.

Looking forward to your response,

Vikki_M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

My original complaint was in June 2017. Kelly Communications simply don't particularly care about the quality of their work, clearly it's just a case of 'get it done as quick as you can'. The quality of their work is something which needs to reviewed by senior management.

I simply 'put up' with the shoddy workmanship as I don't have all day to complain and chase up . Frustrating but that's the reality of 3rd party, poorly managed contractors.

Can you offer me something approaching the £27 deal I can get with Plusnet today or I'll cancel. I'm not haggling, it's a simple yes or no. If this is possible can you liaise with your retentions department. My last call to the indian call centre wasn't very productive...

Thanks for your interest, I understand you're in the middle of often frustrating situations. Look forward to your reply

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi wd22,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry for the past experience, in regards to offering a package this isn't something we can do via the community, you would need to speak to our customer relations team on the number provided by Vikki M.

Kind regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos