Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling contract. 30 day notice

Due to unforeseen circumstances I am leaving my current address at the end of the month. Unfortunately Virgin Media isn’t available at my new address therefore I will have to cancel my contract. I have served the initial contract and I am on a 30 day rolling contract so that is not a problem. But as previously stated the move is happening at the end of the month, is it possible to cancel without having to give 30 days notice? Otherwise I will literally be paying for something I have no way of using. 

Thanks  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelling contract. 30 day notice

you have to give 30 days notice. that is part of the T&C.
You will be charged for the 30 days if you use it or not

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ridiculous been with Virgin for 6 years, was told there would be no problem switching address only to be told at a later date it’s not available in the area I’m moving too. Will now have to pay for something I have literally no way of even accessing. Absolute joke. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Houski999,

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this but as stated, this is stated in our T&Cs.

When did you find out that you were moving property and were you not able to notify us sooner of the move?

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Email the CEO's address mate. I had this - no service in my area so they let me out of any early charges and stuff- they will for you too.

I will also PM you the phone number, which I have permission by the person who owns it to give out. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

they do not have to let you off anything you agreed to. its no guarantee of anything

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I found out last week. Due to unforeseen personal circumstances as previously stated. £100 + for a something I can’t use. Great service Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Houski999, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I'm sorry to hear that you have had to move and are now unable to get our services in your new property I can certainly appreciate the distress this may be causing. 

When you move home we will always endeavour to move the services if this is something you wish to happen, Sadly at the moment we do not cover every home in the UK so there may be occasions where this is not possible. If this is the case the contract would need to be cancelled,If you are within a contract term at the time an early disconnection fee will apply.

This is detailed in our terms and conditions which are provided at the point of sale and can also be found at any time online here

When a new contract is agreed you have a right to cancel period, which allows you to cancel without penalty if you are unhappy with the service or any of the terms and conditions.

Once this period has passed the contract would be agreed, along with the terms and conditions. 

I appreciate that this may not be the outcome you were hoping for and if you remain unhappy with the resolution the manager has provided, you can find details on the next steps available to you here:

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos