Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling broadband issues

Hi 

I originally sent a letter to the Nottingham office on 21 November 2019 to give 30 days notice to cancel my broadband band. I asked for a letter of confirmation and what do I need to do with the router. This letter was sent recorded post and on the Royal Mail website shows it was signed and delivered on 22 November 2019 at 11.18am. I did not receive any contact in December except an email informing I was going to be billed again on 6th January. 

On 27/12/2019 at 15.25 I called the number provided on the virgin website to find out what was happening and why I was getting a bill. I got through to the offshore. The person informed that I could not cancel in writing only by telephone. I said I want to cancel the broad band and give 30 days notice. The person said they would put me through to customers relations. I thought I would be put on hold , however I still could hear people talking, then after a few minutes they said I could not be put through. I asked the person if my request to cancel was going to be accepted and if I will get confirmation in writing. The person confirmed that my cancellation request would be and I would receive a letter. 30 days later no letter of confirmation or instructions of what to do with router. Instead I have received another email informing me that I’m getting billed again.

I am not on a 12 month or 18 month contract as I ended a 12 month offer over a year ago

I am very disappointed pointed by the service I’m getting. I feel the only way to cancel is just to cancel the direct debit. 

Has anyone had this appalling experience? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling broadband issues

Hi Gadgetless,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear of this cancellation dispute and do want to help you further.

I'll send you a quick PM so we can discuss the account securely.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos