Menu
Firefox430
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling a contract

Can somebody tell me how I can cancell a contract that was never supposed to of been started? I've tried phoning customer services and was on the phone for more than 4 hours in total, cut off 4 times and passed around to 14 people, the last of which was actually rude and put the phone down. I raised a complaint last Wednesday,  and not heard anything since. To make matters worse they have taken a payment and we haven't even got any services. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling a contract

@Firefox430 wrote:

Can somebody tell me how I can cancell a contract that was never supposed to of been started?

What do you mean by this? Some action must have been taken to start it?

I'm guessing you've had some issues with the install - but you've not explained?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Firefox430
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, yes you are correct,  my wife moved on the 7th May, an engineer came and installed on the 8th. Everything was working fine, but on the 9th the services were somehow cut off.  She phoned to find out what had happened, and despite being on the phone for over an hour and passed to several people, nobody could explain what had happened, but that it would be 2 weeks before anybody could attend. So, she cancelled the contract that she had just started and went with another supplier. On the 10th of May, received the confirmation of cancellation email, and a week later the pack to return the equipment. 

Thought that was it, but last week on the 8th June received an email confirming a new contract from the 8th May, a payment had been taken on the 4th June, and a text last Friday 11th June saying the new equipment was on its way!! 

I appreciate mistakes happen, and obviously things have got mixed up, but seriously how difficult is it to sort out?? 

I hope this makes sense to somebody 😂

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Firefox430 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your services, please could you advise on the current situation of your install or expand on the current issues at hand?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Firefox430
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The contract was cancelled as far as we were concerned, no services have been received for a month from VM, my wife is with another supplier now, yet there still seems to be a contract in place and payments have been taken. We only want someone to take ownership of the issue, acknowledge the mistake and actually cancel the contract and stop taking payments for a service we aren't using

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for coming back to me @Firefox430.

I have taken a look over your account and its a complex one.  

I will pop you over a PM so that we can pass DPA and we can discus further. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos