Menu
cponsonnet
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Virgin Media Contract from abroad

Hello,

I would like to cancel my Virgin Media subscription (internet + phone). This is difficult as I've moved back to France. 

Online, I see that there are two ways of doing this, but neither suits me:

1. Cancel over the phone at 03454541111. This does not work from France: the call gets disconnected immediately.
  2. Cancel in writing by sending a letter. It's 2021, I'd rather avoid this as it will take time for the letter to arrive from France, and I have no guarantee that it will be received. 

Ideally, I would cancel from the online account directly, or through email. Can anyone help me ? Thank you.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Virgin Media Contract from abroad

Hi cponsonnet,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to cancel your package.

VM don't have a customer facing email address and there is no online option to cancel..

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of cancel to  07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.  

You can also dial freephone number 0800 052 0422,  but best to call at 8am, or around tea time to avoid call queues

Or write to them to as per the terms and conditions. If writing send it by registered post, or the French equivalent.

Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG;

If you are still in contract there may be some early cancellation fees

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/early...

And don't forget you may have to return your equipment. Check  <<< This link >>>  to see your equipment needs returning

Returns packaging is usually sent out 10 days after the cancellation complete.

You can also request returns packaging(includes sending back  the equipment from a different UK address, where you may have left it for safekeeping) using <<< this link >>>

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos