cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling UHD only

archercj
Fibre optic

After a rather protracted and painful contract renewal negotiation period I finally got a price I was happy with so I decided to add the UHD option (Sky sports + movies). I've just bought a half decent TV (Samsung S95B).

Sadly the quality is pretty poor and I cannot tell a discernable difference between the Sky Sport UHD channel and the HD ones. Interestingly the TNT UHD channel is far better quality. As such I cannot justify the additional £10pm to watch UHD.

Is anyone aware of a way of cancelling just the UHD element of my contract or am I stuck with it for the duration?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You might be able to cancel without penalty within 14 days.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

You might be able to cancel without penalty within 14 days.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tractorboy
Rising star

If UHD was purchased seperately at £10 it should be a rolling 30 day contract so should be no problem to cancel with 30 days notice.

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI @archercj 

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are unhappy with your UHD add on. We can understand the frustration caused. As mentioned by @Tractorboy we can cancel this for you with a 30 day request. You can find out more about UHD here https://home.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tv/what-to-watch-on-the-virgin-tv-ultra-hd-channel Please let us know if you want to proceed with removing this add on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks for the informaion @Akua_A. If the cancellation of UHD does not impact anything else on my current contract I would like to serve notice to cancel it please.

In this case, I will send you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs