cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Netflix through virgin

Thellusson1
Joining in

The simple part of this saga is how to cancel Netflix premium? I have contacted Virgin through 150 three times and it has been an extremely frustrating, time consuming and negative outcome; the call handler says I have to contact Netflix and Netflix really just fobbed me off with a couple of emails. 

Virgin have been completely uninterested and Netflix can't find an account yet the Virgin Account bill shows a payment of £15.99 I have followed the link through the Virgin Account and cancelled but it still shows as owing.

For anyone who would like to read further this is the background and my angst at a very poor response and understanding from Virgin: the account holder was my father who passed away in December leaving my mother 90 years old in poor mobility and my brother 65 years old with learning difficulties (I am the Power of Attorney) and in five days my brother managed to access on demand and the adult channels, he racked up £350 by clicking through 10 films a day and Netflix. Virgin cut off the house connection; that left two vulnerable people with no means of communication and left my brother with no option but to walk to my house to let me know they couldn't work the TV. I immediately contacted Virgin who said it had been cut off due to a level of cost being reached. I paid immediately and the service was restored the following day. Two vulnerable people with no method of communicating (there is no mobile signal in their home) and reliant on a telephone. 

I have been with Virgin since day one as Blueyonder and I set up my parents Virgin account ... I have not had one reasonable response. 

My brother cannot read or write but had the wit to type in 1234 which was the unwise PIN yet I feel for two 90+ year old parents who despair at passwords. Sadly my father wasn't there to keep an eye on things.

1 REPLY 1

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Thellusson1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear about your parents experience and for any inconvenience and worry this is causing you having to chase this up, I am no too sure what can be done in regards to Netflix however I would like to try to help, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.