Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Direct Debit & Pay with Card Monthly

Hi Guys,

I tried logging in and reading the instructions on the changing payment method, but it was not too clear.

I currently have a direct debit, but i wanted to cancel it and just pay monthly (online not via paper bills)

What would be the best way to do it? i currently have a bill outstanding so i can't cancel it now, so once i pay that via DD, cancel it via my online bank, log back in to setup a new method? is that the way to go?

I don't want to mess things up which is why i'm hesitant lol

cheers guys

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Direct Debit & Pay with Card Monthly

Why do you want to do this?

I can’t see any flexibility you gain, just an opportunity to get your services restricted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I don't want to cancel the services just really the payment method, does this really restrict (or go negatively against you?)

Regards

Graham

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’m not suggesting that.

What I am saying is that paying by direct debit is the best approach because it both ensures you pay your bill and because you pay as late as possible.

Paying by any other way does not give either of these benefits and can lead to you paying late or not at all which, in turn, can lead to late payment charges and ultimately restrictions to your service.

So, as I asked, why do you want to pay by a method other than direct debit?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos