cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract

harryallitt
Tuning in

I am still getting billed from a contract I had in my university house 2 years ago, which I tried to cancel at the time however it appears the contract was still live despite me not living in the house. Fast forward to now and I have received emails saying my former student bank account is at a maxed out overdraft and the bills can no longer go out. I tried contacting Virgin over the phone and over live chat with no luck, so sent a letter to their offices in which I received a phone call back where I was told the services would be cancelled. The service hasn’t been cancelled and I have just been billed again. I am 22 years old working 50 hour weeks just to get by and I am at my wits end with this, any help would be greatly appreciated as I am losing sleep over this.

5 REPLIES 5

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Harry do please let Ofcom know all about your cancellation experience with VM https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Breaking-OFCOM-investigating-VM-over-difficult...

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

harryallitt
Tuning in

Update on this: managed to get through and finally have it sorted fingers crossed, however it shouldn’t have taken this long to sort in the first place. Should anyone at virgin see this I would like to give special mention to your staff member Alison who works the phones as she has been the most helpful person i’ve spoken to throughout this whole ordeal!

Hi @harryallitt 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and apologies for the issues you have had with cancelling your contract, this is not the type of service we aim to provide, we will be sad to see you go 😢. We will certainly pass on your compliments to Alison and how she assisted you 😍.

Should you need us for any of the final stages of your cancellation, please do reach back out to us. 

Sabrina

Hi Sabrina, I have now been emailed again by you guys informing me that my bill is now late, even though i was told of a disconnection date of 17th November, is the service still going to be disconnected?

Hey @harryallitt.

That is an automated process that we cannot stop when it comes to billing, with the disconnection date, that is set in stone and will carry on as usual, anything after that will be reassessed and calculated where a final bill will be re-issued. If you wish for me to look further into this we would need to go through some Data Protection via private message.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina