Menu
Lynn_Malone
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract

Due to the recent price increase - I decided to cancel my contract without any cancellation charges - which I believe is my right.

I have tried to cancel my contract with virgin media over the phone -got completely stone walled by the customer service team.

Therefore, I send a letter by recorded mail to the the address in the terms and conditions, asking for my contract to be cancelled. I also asked that they have the courtesy to either email or send a letter confirming that this had be done. Still no response.

I have raised a complaint stating that I am unhappy with the service and still wish my contract to be cancelled - still no response.

Can someone please, from Virgin or a moderator look into my particular case as this customer service is shocking.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract

HI Lynn_Malone, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the price increase and want to cancel. The fastest way would be to call 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-5. Can you confirm when the letter was sent to us? Chris

0 Kudos
vginforum
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

There doesn't appear to be 1-1-4-5 option. 5 is rejected

Quite annoying, I hung up a 1-1-4-4 call thinking yours might be more direct. Had to start again

0 Kudos
Lynn_Malone
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The letter was sent by recorded delivery on 26th Jan to the cancellation address in the terms and conditions. Wont even try wasting my time phoning -agents are extremely unhelpful -thats why i wrote to virgin.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Can you confirm if the tracking number states that this was received? If so when was this? We would usually input the disconnection from the date the letter was received by us and for 30 days notice. Chris. 

Lynn_Malone
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I have checked the tracking number -it was delivered on 27th at 10.29 am and signed for by a staff member named Ellis

Here is the tracking number NV336619054GB Royal Mail

I have uploaded the proof of posting.

Virgin-proof-of-posting.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

so it won't cancel until 27th Feb
0 Kudos
Lynn_Malone
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Not had any contact from Virgin to even tell me they received the letter and have acted upon it, No emails, nothing in my online account. NOTHING!

So how do i know they will cancel the contract?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

maybe its not been processed yet
0 Kudos
Lynn_Malone
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Not been processed yet?!!!!

Really? That's the best excuse you could come up with?

They've had 14 days so far -to process a simple cancellation request.

Maybe it's just the shocking customer service that I've experienced from Virgin and so many others on this forum have experienced too?

Maybe Virgin should try working on retaining their customer base and actually responding to letters and complaints made.

0 Kudos