Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Contract While Abroad

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! I'd like to ask for advice on how to cancel my Virgin Media fibre broadband contract from abroad. I'm an international student at university and so when my uni closed due to the Coronavirus pandemic, I had to return home. All of my flatmates have also left our shared house, and we're currently ending all of our bills to complete the moving-out process.

Is there any way that I can cancel my contract with Virgin Media without having to call? All of the centres are closed and I can't call them internationally due to the high prices. One of my flatmates has offered to write them from her home residence, would this work? Also, what would be the correct address to send the cancellation letter to?

Luckily our 12 month minimum period runs out in September before the bills go up, but we'd ideally like to give them our 30 day notice ASAP to avoid leaving loose ends.

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Contract While Abroad

Thank you for the post Monoclin112 and welcome to our community.

We're unable to cancel accounts over forums but the team are contactable by calling 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 while abroad or you can text them on +44753 305 1809 to be put through to the departments queue.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Emily_G, is it no longer possible to cancel in writing?

FYI:

• Virgin Media's Terms and conditions (under section N, point 1.2) state ending the agreement in writing can be made to the following address:
    Virgin Media Sales Operation Support
    Diamond Plaza
    Daleside Road
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG2 3GG

Be aware of early cancellation charges if still within the minimum contract period

Use a postal service that provides confirmation of delivery, for instance Royal Mail's Recorded Delivery service; 30 days notice period starts from receipt.

Also consider whether it is appropriate to quote your account password (the one quoted when calling Virgin Media)  in your cancellation letter to confirm you are the account holder.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for replying! I've given it a try, hopefully it works out 😄

0 Kudos