Menu
deeann
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling Bundle Contract

Having been rung several times in a week by Virgin, I eventually answered and endured a long and tedious conversation telling me how wonderful it was that I had been with them for 28 years or so. I was offered this that and the other, all for free, as a thankyou...a repeat of every sales call they make to me. Then...at the very end..it was "and that will be just £10 extra a month for the bundle, an absolute bargain as sky cinema is usually £50 a month".  ( Are we not wonderful for offering you this rather than reducing your bill).

Because I was tired, I could not be bothered to decline..which was stupid. I do not need more movies as I live alone and have netflix and more channels than I would ever need in my lifetime!  So the very next day, 7th January, I cancelled (obviously well within the 14 day period)..following their instruction to enclose the contract with "cancelled" written across.  I would have done it by phone but I could not get through.  Thankfully I kept the postal receipt because the contract was NOT cancelled and I have been charged for the service.  God knows why i have stayed with this Company for so long.  Now the battle for a refund starts...    

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Bundle Contract

Sorry to hear that this has happened to you @deeann.

Can I ask who advised you to send the letter in saying cancelled. I can see from your account that you spoke to the team on 07/01. Was this when you were advised to send the letter to us asking to remove the movies from your package? Did the agent advise why they couldn't remove this from your package?

I can confirm that this has been removed now and your bills will go back to the amount it was at before the movies were added. 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
deeann
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling Bundle Contract

Hi steven,

Sorry for the late response. I do not go on the computer that often.   I looked up on your website how to cancel and I remember there were 3 options but I could not get through to anyone.  One option was to send a letter with "cancel" written across.  I sent this on the 7th January to postcode S02 11FP shown on your website.  I do not remember speaking to anyone after that but I have contacted you several times to try and sort this out.  I left my phone number but have not received a call, just standard complaint letters.

Anyway if the bundle has been removed, that is great and thank you!

Kind regards deeann