cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled package

Iliveinuk68
Joining in

Hi, tried to get a deal yesterday as my bill was due to increase in a month but wasn't really offered anything much even when put through to cancellations, thought being a customer for over 20 years may have helped but obviously not, have kept the broadband as I work from home and need a decent connection or else that would have gone as well, feel quite hard done by but I guess some people in cancellations think it's coming out of their pocket. Currently looking around for deals now to see what's about. Anyone else had similar issues? Thought they tries to keep customers but looks like they don't anymore.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Certainly an unusual sequence of events and an unusual VM offer. Can only suggest that you keep an eye on your future direct debit payments and also your contract description in 'My Virgin Media' to make sure that what you are expecting to happen turns into a future reality.

If you are on a standard VM rolling price for broadband only that will be relatively very high compared to what alternative providers can offer you as a new customer but does give you the flexibility to move if you can find an alternative provider offering what you want.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have you given your 30 days notice to cancel all of your VM services or have you signed up for another minimum term with broadband only?

Hi I believe from what was done is that my broadband can be cancelled at any given time once my existing contract ends 24th November

In VM-world, 'anything can happen' but I think you should probably check the exact details of what has been set up by VM.

If you change your package, by removing services, then the normal process would be that you start a new minimum term/price based on the remaining service(s) that you have kept.

Hi I got an email from them this morning, its definately on a rolling 30 day now

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.
Quick recap of what you now enjoy:
Your new package now includes:
No new services have been added
We've removed:
TV: Virgin TV V6 Box. powered by TiVo - TiVo Monthly Fee - Sky Sports Collection - Maxit TV - Additional TV Box
Phone: Telephone Line Rental - Talk Weekends - Voicemail Free

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Presumably you have then defaulted to a 'standard' (out of contract) price for your particular broadband speed?

Yes I belive so, they gave me a price for that and said I can cancel that anytime I like once my existing contract expires, if they had given me a better price without adding so much on which i didnt need, like movies etc then I probably would have accepted but why offer me movies, increase my costs when i didnt want that, i have netflix, prime etc, weird, must have caught him on a bad day

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Certainly an unusual sequence of events and an unusual VM offer. Can only suggest that you keep an eye on your future direct debit payments and also your contract description in 'My Virgin Media' to make sure that what you are expecting to happen turns into a future reality.

If you are on a standard VM rolling price for broadband only that will be relatively very high compared to what alternative providers can offer you as a new customer but does give you the flexibility to move if you can find an alternative provider offering what you want.