Menu
Scottbni
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my services

Hi, I recently cancelled my services due to my initial contract ending and the household decided to move to another provider. I received a bill for the month Nov (22nd Nov - 29 Dec) on the 28th November so I decided to contact on the 30th about cancelling. 

When I made the call, I was handed over between 5 different advisors before the last one accepted that I wanted to leave. He said that I would receive information on my cancellation via email however as the month of December passed on, I never received any emails or other communication about it. I did the usual checked my emails as well as my Junk folder on a regular basis.

After the whole rigmarole of cancelling the first time I thought I’ll wait and see if it comes through but it hasn’t and now I’ve just been charged for another month up to the end of January. 

Like what’s going on? Was it even processed that I cancelled my contract? Am I expected to pay this bill now?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my services

If you did cancel on the 30th then you would end up in the next billing period anyway. EVERYTHING about the account continues as normal until the actual disconnection date (for example if you changed your mind about cancelling you wouldn’t get interruption to service etc from something finishing)

You can try check on MyVirginMedia > My Orders to see if the disconnection shows in there, it doesn’t always. Failing that it’s calling up to see what’s up as not sure when the forum team are back (and how big the queue will be when they are)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my services

Hi Scottbni, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had trouble with the cancellation process. As mentioned by Shafreya, the account would continue as normal so the bills would continue to be produced too. 

I can double check if there is a cancellation on the account? 

If so I will need some information from you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos