cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my contract via phone, and then got renewed without my consent.

TakejiA
Tuning in

So I contacted VM on the 2nd of November 2020 to cancel my contract as I was moving to TalkTalk.
I received a confirmation email of the disconnection to the service and started using Talktalk straight away.
I thought my service, as agreed with the team member I spoke to on the phone, had been cancelled. 
This was not the case, and my contract was renewed without my consent on the 24th of November 2020 without receiving any confirmation emails.
So all this time I'd been paying monthly for a contract I thought they cancelled.

PLEASE cancel my contract with IMMEDIATE affect.

20 REPLIES 20

Hi Vikki,

Yes I managed to settle it all over the phone which is good. However I was told I'd receive a letter containing a cheque with the total refund I was due but haven't received that yet, or any sort of letter explaining how much I was owed etc..
I did get a letter explaining how to return the router though.
If you could find out the situation in regards to the payment I'd really appreciate.

Kind regards,

Takeji

Hi there @TakejiA, thanks for the confirmation that your issue has been resolved.

When the team assisted you did they advise when your cancellation date is? Any cheque refunds are sent out within 15 days of the date your services cancel.

If this time has now passed please let us know and we will be happy to investigate for you.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi Nathan, my apologies for the late reply.

I thought things were settled and just went by my day and actually forgot about this.
I only just remembered I was still due a cheque so I called the head office again (for the 3rd time now).
They confirmed that my account was cancelled and told me they'd send out a cheque in 40 days 3 times.
On the 3rd call (2 days ago) I spoke to Naveena who I explained everything to and that I wanted to speak to the manager since months have passed and still no cheque. I logged onto my account and I can still see the credit (around £700) still sitting there. So they lied 3 times saying that they'd post the cheque.
I was then told to hold and she transfered me to a completely new agent called Ali without my knowledge.. he was oblivious of the situation..
Ali confirmed that the cheque would be sent out. I also asked him to get the manager to call me as now I wanted a good will gesture and he said the manager would call me in 48 hours and still nothing.
At this point I really want to create a case and sue them because I'd been a loyal customer for years and this treatment just isn't right.
Please help in any way you can.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

I see the classic Virgin Media messing around is going on and despite all my heavy hints to the forum staff, it's still a mess, still the same appalling lack of customer service.  Time for you to start formal action, TakejiA and involve the industry complaints adjudicator, CISAS.

First off have you already got a formal complaint reference relating to this matter?  And if you have, when was that complaint made?

Hi Andrew,

Yes I have 2 formal complaint references, the first complaint I made regarding the billing they said it was my fault and nothing would be done as apparently I told them to cancel my contract but then for some reason I decided to accept a new contract. This reference is C-1606227.

The second reference is C-1706221036, where i got back to them saying how ridiculous it was to say that I asked to cancel my service and to rejoin straight away when I'd already signed up with a new company for broadband etc.. They then confirmed that it was a mistake on there part and no contract was signed by me.

And sorry i forgot to answer, those 2 complaints were made on the 16th and 17th of June.
I'm honestly fed up with giving them a chance. I was ok with just getting a refund with no compensation as I just wanted it to be done and dusted.
But the when I called them the other day, I demanded a good will gesture on top of the refund as they've completely disrespected me with their lies and customer service. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Wow.  Over four months and two complaints, the involvement of the usually helpful forum staff and it's still a mess. 

I suggest you offer no more chances for VM, they've had months and months and repeated chances, they've chosen not to resolve the matter.  In your shoes I'd politely decline any further "can we help?" questions from VM staff since this will just continue to take you round and round in circles  As the complaints are more than eight weeks old your escalation route is quite simple - you should contact CISAS today and ask them to take on the complaint.  I believe the process allows that VM will be given a last chance to concede the matter before CISAS proceed to a full adjudication, my recommendation is that you reject any such offer and let the case be investigated by the trained dispute resolution professionals that CISAS employ.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Extremely sorry for the delays regarding this TakejiA,

Welcome back to the community.

Can I ask on this did you receive email confirmation of a cheque being processed? 

Secondly are both complaints still open?

Let us know,

Kain

As of yet, no email confirmation of the cheque being sent out. Just a verbal confirmation each time I called (3 times).

And both complaints had been closed after they found a “solution” with the billing error.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Ahh okay,

Just so I can get a better understanding with this I've dropped you a PM.

You'll find the message within the purple envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain