Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my contract, received bill

Hello, 

I handed in my 30 day cancel notice (I'm on a 30 day rolling contract for the M350), on the 11/11/2019. Receiving the email for returning my equipment,  I still haven't received my packaging for the kit.

Today, 22/11/2019 I got an email asking for a payment that will cover from 11/12/2019 for the month up until 11/1/2020.

Please advise on who I need to contact as this should not be appearing on my account.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cancelled my contract, received bill

correct. you will be billed as normal until the accounts is cancelled and then get a refund of any money owned back to you by cheque

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there swego44, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving us.  @apcyberax has advised you correctly.  We do continue to bill as though the services are continuing in line with our advance billing policy.  One of the reasons of course is the bill is not aware the account is cancelling.  However, there is also the factor not every customer whom gives notice to leave, go ahead and cancel fully.  Very often a customer has changed their mind for various reasons; and it could cause issues around billing if our advanced billing had stopped.

I wish you the very best of luck for the future.

Regards

Lee_R

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I am still receiving emails from virgin media despite trying to cancel my account with them 3 times now, the last time i spoke to them was last year but i have now found out that they have been emailing me each month demanding payment. The last person i spoke to asked me to pay the money on the account which i did, then the same person told me my account would be cancelled and i wouldn't be receiving any more bills. This has been happening on and off for nearly two years now and to be honest i am getting sick of it. The customer support are clearly lying to me. I feel as if i am being extorted now and will have to pursue legal action if this cant get permanently fixed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello tpinkerz

Sorry to hear this 

Sadly we are not able to close accounts on here but.

Our messaging service is a dedicated support line where you can discuss your issues by SMS text. We’re on hand to deal with any of the queries you’d normally call us to discuss.

Just send us a text* with a description of your problem to 07533 051809 if it’s about your cable services, or 07533 016422 if you have a query about your mobile services. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible.

Gareth_L

0 Kudos