Menu
dmb788
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled my contract but received no final bill and have been charged for a month as normal...

I called Virgin Media at the end of May (probably around 26th May but I can't remember exactly) to let them know I'd be moving out of my property on 30th June and that I needed to cancel. The woman on the phone said this would be fine and that I'd be charged a cancellation fee of around £11. Ok, no problem. I gave them over 30 days notice just like Virgin prefers. 

A few days ago I received a bill of £25 for the month of July-August. This is very strange because the woman on the phone said my services would be disconnected on 30 June and I received an email and text confirming the services would be disconnected (although they didn't state on which date). Nowhere on this bill did it state it's a "final bill" which makes me worried I'll be charged another £25 a month after this bill.

I can't call Virgin Media right now as I'm in the process of moving I can only call them a few days from now but I thought I'd post this in case anyone can help. Has anyone else gone through this? Will this be resolved quickly if I call or will the process be difficult? I'm worried Virgin will keep billing me and I can't cancel my direct debit because I don't want them to ruin my credit rating. 

I haven't sent my equipment back yet - will be doing so on 30th June. 

0 Kudos
Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled my contract but received no final bill and have been charged for a month as normal...

Hi @dmb788

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get your account looked into. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your page as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos