Menu
talomi6
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled contract but still active

Hi

i switched providers (I’m out of contract) but my account and WiFi still seem to be active with you  

how can I make sure I’m not being billed unnecessarily? 

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled contract but still active

Did you give notice on the account?

Switching providers doesn't automatically end the service with Virgin.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
talomi6
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi

thanks for the reply  the new provider assured me that they would handle the notification 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you switch providers and port your phone number across then the gaining provider contacts VM and that only cancels the VM phoneline, nothing else.

If you also have broadband, TV or mobile as part of your VM package then you still need to contact VM and give 30 days notice 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Oh dear, erm in short new providers cannot handle termination of Virgin Media accounts, they should know this.

While providers do 'normally' handle transfers of service these only apply when they are using the same infrastructure such as Broadband and Telephone via an Openreach network (such as BT/Sky/TalkTalk) however as Virgin Media operates on its own infrastructure (Virgin Media Cable Network) there is no transfer of services possible.

My advice is obviously get Virgin Media cancelled asap by calling 0345 454 1111 options 1-1-4-4 and then contact your new provider and complain about being told the wrong information and request credit to cover the extra charges for the Virgin service still being active.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos