Menu
qw12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled by post but now have BPO on my heels

After sending a broadband cancellation letter by post to Virgin Media Sales Operation Support, Diamond Plaza, Daleside Road, Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG2 3GG (Section N.1.2 https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end) back in November, just received a letter from BPO saying £115 is owed.

Using the texting service on 07533051809 and the agent is saying that Virgin Media don't accept cancellations through the post, only by calling them.

So is the agent on the texting service just trying to avoid helping with the situation or do accounts not get terminated by notice letters through the post?

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled by post but now have BPO on my heels

you can cancel by post. Did you send it by recorded delivery? can you prove it was delivered?

Did you return all the kits?
Did you pay your final bills? or just cancel the DD?
0 Kudos
qw12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply,

The letter was sent to them and Virgin sent us a letter back with a complaint reference but no mention of sending us anything to return the kit. So we were waiting for more communication thinking they were processing the cancellation but no final bill has been sent to us yet.

And yes the DD was cancelled.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if the DD was cancelled its likey the final bill was not paid or you were charged for the equipment non return it it was a Hub3/4 or a V6/360 box
0 Kudos
qw12
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's the super hub one.

So BPO says to contact them to reduce the money owed but I'm guessing the option now is to try to get through to VM on the phone? Even though sending the cancellation letter was because of how difficult it is to speak to them via phone.

Just confused why VM sent us a complaint reference instead of communication about the cancellation. And why the agent on the text service says the only option is to call.

0 Kudos