cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled but still getting bills.

-eddy-m-
On our wavelength

Hi all!

I cancelled my service by post - you received my letter on 21-01-2022 (tracked mail).

I had a message texted to me saying my service would be cut off and assumed that was the end of it however I have just received yet another bill for even more money for a disconnected service.

I've tried the customer service phone number which is an utter nightmare and also the text service which nobody replies to messages on.

HELP!?!?!

6 REPLIES 6

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi -eddy-m-, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry to hear of the experience you've have had and still experiencing. This doesn't sound good at all - to confirm, the bill which has been requested, is this for your last months service? When did you receive the text message to confirm that? On the bill you have received - can you let me know the billing dates on that also? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

-eddy-m-
On our wavelength

Hey Ryan thanks for getting back to me.

The bill is for up to 29th March.and the text saying services would be ended was sent on 7th February.

I'm finding this whole thing extremely stressful - I'm well out of contract and am actually moving to live on a narrowboat so I really don't think VM will be able to provide a cabled service to me so I just wanted to cancel but the process is ridiculously difficult.

I originally asked why there is no web page for me to cancel by but I was told for security reasons that couldn't be done. This is a clear lie as I can cancel by post! What's the difference?

Anyhow thanks for any help you can give I am sure you are constantly feeling like you are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Hi -eddy-m-, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with this. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. ^Chris 

-eddy-m-
On our wavelength

Thanks so much for sorting this Chris. I've just had a lovely chap on the phone who has sorted it all out for me.

Hi Eddy, thanks for the reply. Please do ley us know if you need anything further and have a good week ^Chris

Hi eddy, I am glad to hear that this is now resolved and if you need anything further then please don't hesitate to get in touch. Have a good week. Chris