Menu
raucous
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancelled a month ago but now have bill for Feb/March!

I cancelled my virgin media on 2nd Jan and was given a date of 5th feb for my end date. I didn't get any email confirmation of this (which I gather is normal) but have now been sent the bill covering 15th feb -15 march which it says will be taken from account on 15th Feb. 

Our BT service has already started and the phone number has been switched but I am worried about cancelling my Virgin direct debit. I can't afford to pay for 2 services since we are switching to save money!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelled a month ago but now have bill for Feb/March!

Hi raucous,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear you are leaving us.

I have had a look our end and can see you have spoken to us, as you have advise you gave notice to us on 02/01/21 which means the service will end on 03/02/21 when the 30 days period ends.

If you have already arranged for another company to take your number this will cancel the phone services and the rest will be cancelled at the end of the 30 days period.

Because the 30 days is being served there may be another bill generate and may be billed passed the days the disconnection will take place if this is the case a final bill will be generated around 2 days after the disconnection date and any moneys paid over will be sent back via a cheque around 40 days after the services have stopped.

I hope this explains everything for you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
raucous
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Paul, that is very helpful. But it really would be good if Virgin had some way of confirming a cancellation either by email or when you sign in to your account, I know that isn't your call but I'm clearly not the only person this has happened to and it is very disturbing not to have any form of confirmation.

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi raucous,

You are very welcome I am sorry when you give notice this does generally generate a email I am sorry if this didn't happen in your case.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos